Friday, February 5, 2010

A Little Update

I went to see my midwife on Monday and confirmed that we are indeed PREGNANT!!

I had a long talk with my midwife and we talked about whether or not to do beta blood tests. We decided to not add to the stress I'm already feeling and forego the blood tests. Like my midwife said, even if the numbers aren't rising like they should, what can we do but wait it out. Nothing can really be done.

I should be getting my first ultrasound in a little over a week now. We are having to wait on some paperwork with my insurance before we do it. My midwife did say, though, that if it took too long on the paperwork, that she would sneak me in for the ultrasound and not charge for it. She said it would be no big deal since we just need to do a quick peek to make sure the baby is in my uterus and not in a tube. That right there makes me SO glad I chose my midwife for my pregnancy care!

I'm feeling decent. Having a few symptoms of pregnancy, but none have been too bad yet. These are the symptoms I'm having so far:

--swollen, tender breasts
--queasiness from the time I get up until I go to bed
--a full feeling in my lower abdomen
--thirsty ALL.THE.TIME
--peeing more than normal

This is not really a symptom, but my dog has also been acting really strange towards me lately and just strange in general. He likes to follow me now, and before he would just basically sleep all the time and ignore me. He wants attention from me a LOT now. He has been peeing in the house too. He hasn't done this much before. Usually only happens when we are gone for long periods of time. The other day, he stood in front of me while I was on the couch doing homework and just peed in the floor. And now, if we do not put the trash up in the laundry room while we are gone, he gets in the trash and tears through it and makes a HUGE mess. I sure hope he gets out of this soon. It's getting OLD!

The baby is 5 weeks today and I'm stoked about that! We have made it past the 4 week 6 day mark that we made it to in the last pregnancy!

Well, that's all I have for now!!

No comments: